Verrucosus spawning

G

gilles

Hi everyone, I just have a question about too much spawnings with my animals.
I own 8 verrucosus for some month now and I must say I really love these creatures ;)
The problem is actually that my two big females spawn too much (every week now, the tank is full of eggs and larvae).I would really like to know when it can become dangerous for them to be pregnant so often...In less than a year my two females have probably spawn more than 10 times each!!!
The tank is full of larvae, yesterday I found some under rocks who were about 4 cm...That is surprising to see that larvae can survive in a such hostile environement

Best regards;

Gilles S. (France)

Rob - YOUR POST WAS REMOVED DUE TO PROFANITY. CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED.

Sorry man...I didn't even realize I had used some profanity. My appologizes...

To paraphrase what I did say though, I said Gilles, you're lucky! Most people over here would kill to have a problem like that. If you need to get rid of some just send them over here to Canada...I'll take them off your hands. Followed by a lol or something like that. DOn't quote me exactly.

Again, sorry for the profanity, it wasn't intentional.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back