Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

*VERY IMPORTANT* What Should Her Name Be?

JaceW/Lifer-Log

Reaction score
90A7A55C-446D-4D5C-B7C9-28FCE8913916.jpeg

So I’m getting a Betta at the turn of the year. I’m hoping to find something like this and have her in a nice planted tank I’ll setup in December. I need to figure out the most important part though...

Her Name!

The one thing that is super easy until you actually need to and you can’t do for the life of you.

So give me your best. I’m thinking a want a name based on her color. But anything works.

Thanks! Jace

JaceW/Lifer-Log

Reaction score
I’m not sure what kind of names you like, but here are some that came to mind:
Skye
Merle
Lazuli
Sapphire
Azure
Iris

I’ll add more if I think of any.
I’ve thought about Azure and it didn’t quite stick, but LAZUL is definitely in my tops.

my top three

1. Hikari (inspired by fish for thought and his reptiles)
2. Jupiter
3. Indigo
4. Lapis

excited to hear some more ideas!

Last edited:

JaceW/Lifer-Log

Reaction score
UPDATE
Ok, so listen...

I fell in love with the look of koi betta, as much as the blue female.

so here it is...

Names for a Koi betta, male and female.

1.Hikari
2.Calico

Attachments

• 7E2FD705-2BF2-4225-B3BA-C25A771FCEFB.jpeg
    7E2FD705-2BF2-4225-B3BA-C25A771FCEFB.jpeg
    266.5 KB · Views: 149
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1