Waltl surpise!

These are (other) waltls from 01/2011 and they're allready doing their little dance. They look a bit silly, but that's why I like them so much.

IMG_3254.jpg

IMG_3262.jpg

I was wondering how you knew which eggs were fertile and which were not. I have some eggs now that have a black center and some that have a white center. They were just laid today and I'm not sure what to think. She laid about 700 eggs and i had to get rid of most of them as i don't have the space to raise all those babies. Only about 3 of them had a pure white core.

When development follows you know their fertile. I haven't got experience with unfertile waltl eggs. When Triturus eggs aren't fertile they look more flattened than fertile eggs.

P.waltl is an incredibly specie, I wanted to keep but in the end could not because of the province where I live are listed as vulnerable.

my pair had there first batch and i counted 50 so far but there has to be about another 30 to 50 more on the other half of the tub. i would say its safe to say i have about 75 to 100 larvae from there first spawn, is that alot for a first batch of eggs?

my first time wasnt too long ago, out of my batch of eggs no clue how many, however i have 186 baby newts now lol and working on second batch of eggs just laid last night. all luecistic by the way

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back