Question: Water Change

stephycarter09

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Stephy
If I change out all the water in my 40 gallon aquarium and clean everything really well, will it be okay to put my Axies in new water? The water will be setting in a bucket from 10pm-12pm the next day. Does it have to set for a certain time period before they can go back in?

As long as the water in dechlorinated and temperature mtched it should befine, but I don't understand why you want to do this - why are you doind a complete strip down clean?

I've had my Axies for about 6 years now. They were on sand til I decided to just do a bare bottom on them. My filter just recently when crazy and sprayed debris and filth everywhere. The only way to get everything out is a complete change. I've done it before (when changing from sand to bare) but I had the water setting for a long time. I don't have the option to let it set for as long as I did last time :/

Even if you let it sit, you still need to use a dechlorinator like prime. If you use a dechlorinator, you don't need to let the water sit at all. I would toss in enough prime for the 40 gallons and fill the tank up, good to go.

I always use a water conditioner. API stress coat

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back