Weird feathers in axies food?

rolloverpudding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum but joined when our youngest axolotl looked as if she was bloating up and was throwing up her food. Nothing has happened since and that was a few weeks ago, so we're hoping it was just a hitch.

However, new phenomenon: we found what look like feathers in just 2 cubes out of one packet of our bloodworms. I'll attach a picture in a few mins but we've never seen anything like it before - is this common? There's nothing on the packaging to suggest there may be these kinds of foreign objects in there.

They are Nutra Bloodworms bought from Pets at Home - we are in the UK.

294018_10150827526505514_631625513_21165823_1720729675_n.jpg

306338_10150827526805514_631625513_21165834_379628812_n.jpg

Sooo what the hell are these..?

Probably just some twigs or rubbish that got packed along with the worms...

Nothing to worry about...

I use the exact same frozen bloodworm myself, and i have NEVER had a problem with it, yeah somtimes you get other bugs that bloodworm like 1 or 2 like a fly perhaps, but you cant really make it perfect everytime, however that does look like feathers which is kinda wierd good job you found them. I would show it to the shop you bought it.

Thanks for the help, guys. Much appreciated!

And the same goes for us, been using Nutra bloodworms for a couple of years now and never had a problem. Very strange.. :confused:

I'll send them to Pets At Home, I'm sure they'd appreciated that :D maybe we could get us some free axi food ;]

why not swap to earthworms? cheaper and dont require freezing :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back