Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

What can I do?

Visionist

Reaction score
I currently own a leopard gecko and am looking to pick up a newt or salamander as well but I have ran into a bit of a problem. There are none that live here naturally(I am in Newfoundland,Canada) and all I have seen at pet stores is fire belly newts(I haven't checked in awhile though). This bothers me because I know of no breeders here and I don't really want to support what pet stores are doing. What can I do?

Visionist

Reaction score
Is shipping an option?

I'm not really sure on the shipping in Canada, but our shipping sucks so I would imagine it to be difficult. Would be helpful if an experienced Canadian chimed in.

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not a Canadian, but I have sold CB newts that were legally exported to a pet shop in Canada. Indeed, shipping within Canada is a problem. They can be shipped legally, but the carriers that will accept them are expensive.

It would be nice if there were a way for hobbyists within Canada to communicate and swap, but I don't know of a venue for that. You could try sending PMs to people who've posted for-sale ads from Canada.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!