Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

What colors do you see?

Ohemji

Reaction score
Hi! I rescued a pair of wild type axolotls who were both supposed to be boys but the 500 babies I have say otherwise 😂 could anyone tell me what colors they see? Super excited to watch the grow. Thank you!
8F53B0D8-EA1B-4460-AA5F-C3443AF03099.jpeg

BenWn

Reaction score
Hmmmmm, some wild types... but the pale ones don't look like the whites I'm used to seeing, so I'm not sure what their story is. You may need to wait for some to grow up to find out!
Retired lab axos who are wild-types are typically het for wild because of why they're bred (for a set of sibling animals that are visually distinct under the scope) but with recreational keepers it's a completely random chance. All you can know for sure is that they're not GFP or Cherry, lol!
What little sweetiepies <3

Mother of Dragons

Reaction score
From my experience from breeding axolotls, those lighter colored axolotls are luecistics. The others look like standard wild types. Congratulations! :)

EllieWind

Reaction score
Looks like you got mostly wildtypes with some leucistics, and it looks like you may have a few melanoids in there as well.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!