Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

What colour is your axolotl?

L

luty

I have 2 golden albino female, 1 albino male with dark eyes and 1 wild type male.

L

lisa

I have a male Golden Albino called Monaro.
happy.gif

I previously had two wild-types (Toki and Lotus) and a leucistic (Bogain).

C

chrisy

I have a dark chocolate axolotl named Herbetta (originally Herbie, til I found out she was female :p) whose roughly a year and 1/2 old. Then there's Kasey, who was supposed to be a white axolotl but turned out being a light colored wildtype. He's more of a grey/brown with tons of little spots all over and has gold eyes. I had really wanted an axolotl some type of color other than wildtype, so I decided on a whim to purchase an albino axolotl which I named Cayenne. Both Cayenne and Kasey are roughly 7 months old.

K

kaysie

Chrisy, to get the gold eyes, it has to be some type of albino. quite possibly a color variation of a golden albino.

that being said, i think i like the wildtypes. they're cute... and leucistics... as soon as the boyfriend gets brave enough to let me keep "slimy pets", the collection will grow to Tim size proportions

C

chrisy

Opps, I probably worded what I said wrong :p I had meant that the store that I purchased them from didn't know how to tell the difference between the types of axolotls, so they sent me the wrong one. Genetically Kasey is probably supposed to be a wildtype, but I had paid for/requested a white one. So, be careful... make sure they know what you mean and exactly how to tell the difference before putting down any extra money for special requests :p

I think the leucistics are the best looking, but wildtypes tend to be more "fun" only cause they usually always look totally different from one another
happy.gif
It sort of gives them more character.

S

skye

I have a male white albino, a female golden albino and just recently got a young female black axie with a marble patterning on her stomach, im not sure what that's classified as :p

C

charlie

my partner's whopper Muff is currently lodging in my big tank - he's 11" of black loveliness with a grey belly
in the small tank are 2 golden albinos and one white one called Snork, Tallulah and Hemulen - all babies from Claire's latest brood

i saw a really nice looking grey one in a shop in birmingham on saturday, it had grey gills with black filaments and a yellowy snout

C

chris

i have two axolotls
a wild type about 20cm who is preety chubby
and a goldern one who is about 11cm
their names are honkermon and gropatope

L

leighton

We have two axolotls - one wild-type (Wally), one leucistic (Peely); photos in the gallery. Peely has six toes on his rear right leg and a couple of branched gills.

When selecting them, we didn't really have a colour preference - they were chosen on the basis of their activity levels at the time (they're refugees from a university biology department I used to work at).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!