What do axies do while you are on holiday????

M

mary

i left my lovely axies for 4 days over christmas- worrying sick about how they would cope- returned to find a tank full of eggs..... ( 3rd batch since aug)

What a wonderful surprise!
Your axie's must be very happy and healthy to have that many eggs.
I don't know 100% but that may be a little stressful for your axie's to have that many eggs in such a short period of time.

Just a thought.

Regards Eastern_axle

yes i was wondering that too- she is only a young mum... they will have to get separated if it continues every other month...

It is possible that it will keep occurring every other month until you separate them.

I had to eventually seperate my female from the male. As every month or so... eggs would appear. And now that I have seperated her, I realise how stressed she was in the tank with the male. She is much more active and out and about now that she is by herself - I feel quiet guilty that I let her stay with the male for awhile.

When I go away on holiday, my poor mum feeds my babies and axolotls! Full grown can easily last 4 days without food though - obviously not the preferred option.

You can always put a small goldfish or two in your tank whilst you go away. Some people I know are against putting fish in with axolotls, but mine always go crazy and gobble them up quick, then dont eat for about 2-3 days.

Hi Anna, how many axies do you have?
I don't think my axie mum is unhappy- hope not. She spends alot of time out and about- and waiting at the glass for food! Its actually the dad axie that is more solitary ( during the day at least!)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back