• I like it

Votes: 36 52.9%
  • It's no better than the old one

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I prefer the old one

Votes: 14 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Show me a heather post please. I need to see why that is. If it's an old post then it's probably a hiccup in the conversion process.

Its under the Cynops subforum, thread titled "Keeping Cp morphs aquatic". Also one under the Donor and Site Contributor General Discussion, titled "Some advice". But at least I can post!
Heather

Smilies for Pin-pin

It's great! Thanks for doing all this work on top of your normal work. :)

I liked the old-school smileys better though.

Back by popular demand, the old smilies (there's a more button on the smilies list) :violent:.

And now I give you the layout you requested. What next? Working on a read only html version of the old forums (no login, nothing, just pages and pictures).

I have to say after looking though the forum for a while i really like the new lay out. Much easier to use!

Well done John! :)

john,

Im getting used to it, but I cant figure out how to upload an avatar, anyone have input?

I'm starting to get used to it. It IS a HUGE improvement, with so many new features; although change, even for the better, is threatening and scary at first. There are still icons that I'm not sure what they mean, but I can't remember what they are right now. One thing I do miss, is when you log on after a day or a couple days, you could request to see the posts from the last day, two days, or week. I think this one only shows new posts since last time you checked and today's posts. That would be the only thing I miss from the old format.
John, you are a wonderful and dedicated captain!

Oh yeah: didn't you mention that this forum would count how many posts we posted for the day? Or did I misunderstand. Though I know you can find out if you forgot by checking CP.
Also, although the flags are cool, I don't know all my country flags and so when I see the flag I don't always know the country.
On the other hand, now I'm learning them slowly...maybe it'll come in handy some time if I play a trivia game. :)

Oh, I thought of one: what does is mean when there's a check to the left of the title of the thread? I think when there's one on the right, at the end of the first column, it means that you have posted on that thread?

Last edited:
Oh yeah: didn't you mention that this forum would count how many posts we posted for the day? Or did I misunderstand. Though I know you can find out if you forgot by checking CP.
I can make the forum tell me when someone goes over a limit. The idea with the 8 posts per day rule is that people who don't have much to contribute frequently stretch that past 8 posts, somehow. That has to end.

Also, although the flags are cool, I don't know all my country flags and so when I see the flag I don't always know the country.
On the other hand, now I'm learning them slowly...maybe it'll come in handy some time if I play a trivia game. :)
It's funny you mention that. I now know several flags I never knew before. If you hover over a flag you see the country name popup on your mouse. I never twigged how similar the Australian and New Zealand flags are.

Oh, I thought of one: what does is mean when there's a check to the left of the title of the thread? I think when there's one on the right, at the end of the first column, it means that you have posted on that thread?
Check marks usually mean you're subscribed to a thread (which means you get notification if someone posts to it). This is in your options.

I'm not getting any private messages through even though I enabled them and even when sent through the forum I'm not getting them until days later.....anyone else had problems?

Sounds like your email provider is screening the messages out. Not much I can do for you there. Sorry.

Hmmm very odd I only just got an email about a private message I got yesterday,yet none for other messages.So why are private messages taking so long to show up here on the forum?

I'm not having problems like that and no one else has complained. It sounds like something local to you. Perhaps settings on your computer/browser?

Oh well nevermind!

I agree with Dawn that I enjoyed the ability to look up posts from the last day and week. I also miss the ability to block messages from certain topic areas. I am one of the few who prefer the old site (cuz' I'm an old schooler, perhaps), but this one isn't the end of the world and I'd rather have it than nothing, that's for sure! I'm sure it's been a ton of work and I appreciate your efforts to keep it going!

Now I'm gonna sit back in my plastic slipcovered easy chair, pop in an 8-track and listed to some Simon and Garfunkel while I play some Pong on my B&W 13 channel television...Groovy baby!

Brian, I think I can put in links for like "last 2 days, last week" sort of thing as a pull down on new posts. I'll do that tonight.

How do you mean block messages from certain topic areas?

In the old forum, I could choose to exclude posts from certain topic areas I have no interest in (like axolotls (no offense intended)) from showing up in the new messages area. It made review easier or at least faster, as I didn't have to filter through a lot of posts (Gee isn't my new Pookie cute?) I didn't care to read to get to those of interest to me...I understand this forum serves many readers with varied interests, and I don't want to sound snobbish. I accept that the "cute Pookie" posters do have as much right as anyone to be here, but I liked the ability to leave that area out of my daily review unless I went looking for them (never gonna happen).

Don't you dare "dis'" Pookie! Seriously though, I never knew we could do that on the old forum :p. I'll see if I can figure out if it's possible here or not.

As I recall, whole topics areas could be omitted from general view, like Photos, or Caecilians, Health Issues, Anurans, Cage Setups...that kinda thing. I left most of them on because you can always learn something from different interest areas...but certain topics areas were more "chatty" than informative, and that's not my bag(dad)...

ps. I really did like Pookie...tasted just like chicken!(lol)

Well I haven't looked at excluding topics yet but I have provided the "Last X Days' Messages" facility you missed from the old forum. There is a limit of 300 hits (whch almost cover the last 14 days in my tests).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back