What has the forum meant to you?

this forum has been very important for me, even though I haven't posted much lately. I've learned tons and tons about my newts here and met good people. When it was suddenly gone last week I was quite sad :) Good to have it back!
cheers

Ah, it's back :) Thank you very much John! I'm usually not a forum person but this is something special. We've had our newts for about a year now and since I found this site, I've had the chance to give them better environment and care. Even there is a Finnish site, Caudata is the one with most accurate facts and always something new coming up. And people - I feel so welcome here and even with simple, maybe stupid questions, someone is always around to help. Mostly though I stay quiet and learn by reading, which is easier as non-native English speaker than producing own texts...language here is so clear that I can easily pick the information I need :) So, thank you, I'm really really happy about this!

I posted at greater length about this on the caudata fb thread regarding the forum blackout, but suffice it to say that without this forum my first newt would have been my last newt (and a very short-lived one at that). Thanks to this forum I now have an entire newt room filled with amazing animals and have made some great friends! I am not super active on the forum anymore because most of my questions are answered by searching old posts, but I am incredibly grateful that it exists and so thankful for the huge contribution that John has made - and continues to make - to the hobby.

The information available on this forum far surpasses anything available in books - both in terms of volume and quality. We are fortunate to have it back. Thank you, John.

It has been roughly two years since I have been active on this wonderful forum, but that is more due to life circumstances than lack of enjoyment. The truth is, this forum was my world when I was younger and first starting in the hobby. Without the consistent knowledgeable advice and unwavering support from the community, I would not have grown my love for amphibians to what it is today. As many have already said, this forum is the one solid place we can go to for reliable advice for many of our queries. On a side note, without this forum I would not have had the opportunity to meet a fellow member who is now a lifelong friend.

Regardless of personal feelings towards other member, we all need to realise this forum js built on the foundation of respect and mutual love for amphibians. Keep the pettiness to yourself, because you are inevitably ruining a wonderful community.

Caudata.org is a wealth of information and helpful advice, it's saved so many salamanders lives and improved many more! I am so happy that the forum is back, without it I wouldn't have ever found the amazing creatures that I did and learned about them. Thanks John, we really do appreciate all you do even if we don't say it often enough!!! Haters will hate, just boot them out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My axies got a bad fungus right as the forums went down and you have no idea how much i've been panicking without a quick place to go and make a post. Facebook wasn't cutting it at all lol. So glad to see the forums back

Glad to see the forum back up. A lot of people didn't know what they had until it was gone. This site is a major utility.

With many thanks to this forum, my slimey little devils (axolotls) are in excellent health and are living the life!

There are no salamanders (other than axolotls) in Australia, so in order to feed the caudate addiction that this forum very kindly started me on, I traveled to the States. In my time there not only did I get to meet and spend great quality time with two of my fellow Moderators, I was also introduced to many wonderful caudates, frogs (and banana slugs!); all that never would have happened if not for this site!

So many happy memories and moments in Oregon: Wading through (freezing) knee deep waterways while seeking salamanders; happening upon aquatic Dicamptodon in their natural environment; holding plucky Taricha Granulosa in the palm of my hand (still totally smitten by these guys), and watching them wend their way across footpaths, swim in pools, and pose on logs for the camera (they've been here before, I'm sure of it)…keeping a wary eye on skunk cabbages...nothing can beat those experiences, and it’s all thanks to this forum.

I was a total newbie last year and this forum is where I got 90% of what I know now. It also took my worries and concerns away and I can't be more grateful! Without it I'm not sure my lovely axies would be as happy as they are now! (They second that and wave their paws:))

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back