What is this blob?

Zalth

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Display Name
Itzhak
Last night my girlfriend found this in the tigers' water bowl. I've seen something like it befor, a couple of years ago, but I thought of it as some kind of badly digested poo.

They are kept on coconut substrate at 19-20 degrees celsius. 2 males, 1 female.

The more I've been thinking about it, the more I think it should be something else than poo. The girlfriend tells me it has black dots inside of it that can be seen when holding a flashlight nearby.

I'm not at home for another week or so, so I can't look at it any closer. ): But it's 2-3 cm long.

Here's a pic of it:

10414555_754635304587818_8132469998842618493_n.jpg

So, what could it be?

Could it be...eggs!? If so that would be awesome!

EDIT: Ok, so it doesn't look exactly like eggs but its kind of hard to tell in the picture, and what else could it be?

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back