Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

What kind of frog is this?

NewtB

Reaction score
So this frog was found in a used auto part that was brought into a store. I am trying to figure out what kind it might be. I have placed him in our terrarium, but want to be sure it's a safe environment for both him and my salamanders that are there. Here he is:
newtb-albums-frog-addition-picture34499-watching-cricket.jpg

newtb-albums-frog-addition-picture34498-top-view.jpg

We are located in SouthEastern Washington state area. I WANT to say it's a Pacific tree frog?
Thanks, in advance, for any input!

Last edited:

NewtB

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm pretty sure I've answered my own question. I'm fairly certain it IS a Pacific Tree Frog. :rolleyes:

FrogEyes

Reaction score
Probably Pseudacris sierra, the Sierra/Palouse treefrog, but exact identities in that region are presently lacking. Pseudacris regilla is probably more or less restricted to the northwest coast and Cascades. But you are essentially correct - it is the Pacific treefrog complex, considered a single species until fairly recently.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!