What kind of frog is this?

NewtB

Reaction score
Country
United States
So this frog was found in a used auto part that was brought into a store. I am trying to figure out what kind it might be. I have placed him in our terrarium, but want to be sure it's a safe environment for both him and my salamanders that are there. Here he is:
newtb-albums-frog-addition-picture34499-watching-cricket.jpg

newtb-albums-frog-addition-picture34498-top-view.jpg

We are located in SouthEastern Washington state area. I WANT to say it's a Pacific tree frog?
Thanks, in advance, for any input!

Last edited:
Ok, so I'm pretty sure I've answered my own question. I'm fairly certain it IS a Pacific Tree Frog. :rolleyes:

Probably Pseudacris sierra, the Sierra/Palouse treefrog, but exact identities in that region are presently lacking. Pseudacris regilla is probably more or less restricted to the northwest coast and Cascades. But you are essentially correct - it is the Pacific treefrog complex, considered a single species until fairly recently.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back