Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

What program?

angelsun

Reaction score
I'm curious as to what program is able to pull up all of this information on photos?

File Name
File Size
Camera Make
Model
Date/Time
Resolution
Flash Used
Focal Length
CCD Width
Exposure Time
Aperture
White Balance
Metering Mode

My camera software only provides limited information and only on RAW photos.

TIA,

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
You need a program capable of reading EXIF information. Recent editions of Adobe Photoshop and Photoshop elements can do this, as can most recent image retouching/editing software available from places like download.com. I find this very handy too:

http://regex.info/exif.cgi

coendeurloo

Reaction score
Windows (XP and Vista, not sure of previous versions) also shows EXIF information. Just right click on your photo, choose properties and then the details tab. Of course, a dedicated program could be better, depending on what you want.

Abrahm

Reaction score
If you are looking for an image editing program to do this and don't have the big bucks for Photoshop you can try The GIMP which is an open source program that tries to do everything Photoshop does. It's completely free and it says it has EXIF support. I use this program a bit but I have never looked at Exif information.

angelsun

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I was just curious on the photo information.

I've been using PhotoImpact XL to design graphics/tutorials for a number of years. It doesn't seem to have many specifics on photo properties though. :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!