What Sand Color

RobertsKitty

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a white axie. What sand color would look good? I don't really want black because you cant see poo that good. Any color suggestions?

I said I really DON'T want black sand. You can't see the waste that way.

Hi Robertskitty,

Why not regular brown sand? Brown sand comes in a various shades too so you can choose anything from beige to almost auburn.

Gives a good contrast against a white axie and still allows poop to be seen.

Cheers.

I might. I have regular brown sand in my other two tanks. I am unsure if I am going to go with a natural look or not.

I think natural look is best. Also reduces the risk of introducing colours and dyes into your tank from bizarre coloured sand like fluorescent green or emerald blue.

If you have a look in the gallery there are some different coloured sands. It may give you some ideas

Thats why I did not like the black sand as well. I changed mine to play sand. Didn't like that as well. It all ways looked dirty. I just put in moon light sand it is from the same people that make the black sand. It says it's white . I would say it is a off white/ vary light tan . I love it. I got it at petsmart. I have a white axie in with the white sand as well it shows up really well because the is a few shaded lighter than it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back