What will my CFBN eat

N

nathan

Hey guys!

I am a new member as of today! I have two cynops orientalis in a ten gallon tank. The newts have been with me for a year and two months now. They seem pretty active I guess but I don't like the stuff I feed them. Currently they eat the freeze dried bloodworms and appear to eat them as the are a tiny bit plump. I went to the pet store and asked if they would eat cricket's, wax wroms, or meal worms and she said no way. Is this true? So anyway I left with a dozen Guppies which are now in the tank. will my newts eat these if they were not raised on them? I am feeding a little less of the blood worms but now the guppies are eating it. I know I can also try earthworms that she told me they would eat but it hasn't rained in a while.

Any help would be very Nice!!!

Nate

Hey Jen, there are several broken image references on the foods page.

Joeri - tsk tsk *grin*.

i also feeding my CFBN with frozen bloodworms, just want to find out why frozen BW will be better??

Alex, I think you are asking why frozen bloodworms are better than dry? Frozen food keeps its nutrients and vitamins better. Frozen is more likely to be eaten, as it looks and smells more like the real thing. Which would YOU prefer: a fresh meal, a frozen/thawed meal, or a freeze-dried meal?

John, I fixed the image links, thanks.

My pair of Chinese firebellies love crickets, though I should add that they pretty much insist on being terrestrial. They also like earthworms. Has anyone had success with fruit flies?
Tonight I put some small crickets in my firebellies' terrarium, and at least one crick was scarfed down within minutes(I saw it disappearing into Hoxian's mouth!) So I guess they'll eat crickets.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back