Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

What's my frog?

C

charlie

I've just got 3 of these - but all the aquatic shop could tell me is that they are some form of 'dwarf tropical frog'

They were being kept in an unheated tank with newts (although the bloke said they should really have a heater)

I described them to someone in the chatroom last night/the night before, who said they sounded like Dwarf African Frogs
- I've therefor tried to alter the tank conditions to those recommended by various froggie sites

But thought I'd post a pic here for a more informed identification...so - what's this?

(it's about an inch and a half long)

31844.jpg

C

charlie

thanks for your swift identification Andrew...was going to ask you a quickie in the chat room, but you did a sharp exit............

Have been reading that the frogs would like a ph of around 7.6-7.8......tested the tank water today and it's about 6.5
Have yet to find any advice on raising the ph level, except not to use PH-Up type products...any suggestions????

C

charlie

O you're a good un *g*.......am having a lot of fun with frogs at the minute - they seem to really like hunting live daphnia .... i was planning on switching to frozen food, but i think that might take all the fun out of it for them

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!