Where to find axies?

R

richard

Hi, I've been reading post the past few weeks and have finally decided to join. I'm not a beginner in amphibian husbandry, but I would like to aquire a few axolotls. I can't find any places to buy a few.
Ideally, I would like to possibly set up a small breeding colony (trust me, I've done my research). I'm interested in finding around 2 males and 3-4 females. Does anyone know where I can find some?

I would like a pal for mine also, I'm not in the U.S. though Richard.
Is it just a case of trawling through the aquatic shops until you get lucky?

Probably your best bet will be buying juveniles and raising them up. It's tough to find adults for sale. It's hard to ship the adults also. Jennifer has some juvenile wild type for sale. I'll start shipping juveniles in a month.
Michael

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back