Where to visit in London, UK?

joonas

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Display Name
Joonas Gustafsson
Me and my wife are going to visit London at the end of this month. Any recommendatios about nice salamander related places we could/should visit during our stay in London? I have told to visit London Zoo, but are there any other zoos, good pet shops, public terrarium houses,...?

Last time I visited london zoo they were quite short on amphibians in general, but they did have a Kimono Dragon which IMO wsa worth the entry fee alone.
I cant think of anywhere else tbh, theres battersea zoo but thats very child orientated and I havent been in years(10) so I've no idea what they've got there.

On the other hand if you'd like to fill your time with shopping and alternative clubbing I could give quite a few suggestions :)

Lasher, I can only assume you mean Komodo dragon. I believe this is the same dragon that recently shocked the world with its 'virgin birth'.

Last time I visited london zoo they were quite short on amphibians in general, but they did have a Kimono Dragon which IMO wsa worth the entry fee alone.
I cant think of anywhere else tbh, theres battersea zoo but thats very child orientated and I havent been in years(10) so I've no idea what they've got there.

On the other hand if you'd like to fill your time with shopping and alternative clubbing I could give quite a few suggestions :)

hahaha yeah there is far more alternative clubs and good shops than newt/salamander related places in london. make sure you pay camden a visit! :D

theres a few reptile/amphibian shops that may have a selection of newts etc on display if you do a google search for exotics shops in london it should bring up a few.

Lasher, I can only assume you mean Komodo dragon. I believe this is the same dragon that recently shocked the world with its 'virgin birth'.

Yes, no the same dragon though, it was in Chester zoo, I went to visit her yesterday. Two of the eight I think are on show to the public as well as two adults. They don't do much but they are still impressive.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back