Where y'all from?:p

emmyk

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm curious on where all these wonderful people live! I'm over here in Washington and I feel like I'm the only one! Show your pride!:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I'm originally from Michigan, but I've been everywhere. I currently live in North Dakota.

I live in Washington, Issaquah to be precise. I'm in a great spot for herps and that's my mane hobby. Everybody that's from Washington post here! It seem like everybody's on the east of the us or in another country :(. Coming upon a person that's from the west is a rare thing :rolleyes:. -Seth

I live in the "Burgundian" south of The Netherlands where I do some voluntary field work monitoring amphibians in a national parc. Keeping some lizards, frogs, toads and tortoises as well together with my gf. Great to have an international site just for caudates!

Cool! is there any salamanders over there? -Seth

Cool! is there any salamanders over there? -Seth

Yea there are, my boys found this little guy in their sandbox in the back yard (photo attached below). I decided to keep him and ended up here searching for proper ways to care for him. I used to keep fire belly newts when I was a kid but I knew nothing about these guys.

Attachments

• D71_0676[1][2].jpg
    D71_0676[1][2].jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 249
That looks like a tiger salamander :happy:. I too have found salamanders under sandboxes, they seem to be a good place to search actually! -Seth

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back