Question: Which is the best to get eggs from or salamanders/ newts??

Katniss

Reaction score
Country
United States
:confused: I what to get salamander eggs or salamanders/newts! Which one should i get them from, tell about your experience with them or if you recommend them or not, Here they are: Ward`s Natural Science , Carolina Bio supply or Connecticut Valley Bio Supply!
:D Thanks!!

I've heard some less than glowing experiences from any of those suppliers. They do not ship live animals in a good way. So don't use any of them if you want successful, long-lived animals.

The best way to get eggs is from a reputable breeder. That way they will ship them to you responsibly, as well as have bred them responsibly.

Be sure to read through our Care articles before you make any purchases. They do require some special care, and it's important to do your best to make them happy and healthy. They can live over 10 years, and should not be taken lightly.

http://www.caudata.org/cc/

I agree; these large biological supply houses sell wild-caught newts and are generally clueless about their care requirements. Most likely, you'd get sick or dying newts. There are people on this forum who sell healthy captive bred newts and/or eggs. Just keep an eye on the sales section in this forum.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back