Question: White debris in late stage eggs

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
Peter Pan Pollywogs
Hello everyone, I have a clutch of about 25 eggs in the late stages of larval development. As a matter of fact, 4 have already hatched; perhaps prematurely?

Anyway, a good number of them remaining in their egg have a white debris with them. It looks as though one spilled yogurt on a floor - splattered, white substance. The larvae inside are in quite late stages - you can see their eyes, gills and internal organs with a naked eye.

I read that any cloudiness or fuzziness indicates they have died :<
But that doesn't quite fit what I'm seeing, so I hope it's a different case. Photos to follow --

Here are some photos of the white debris, and cloudiness that several of my eggs are exhibiting.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 254
  • FullSizeRender(1).jpg
    FullSizeRender(1).jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 400
I'd separate the cloudy ones, and if the larvae are still moving within the egg...just wait and see. If they get worse with no movement then probably they have died....

It appears the majority of the eggs with white debris worsened, grew cloudy, and the larvae inside deteriorated.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back