Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Who is expecting what?

obicat

Reaction score
In the UK at least, spring time is just around the corner :D Already there are some alpine eggs available. Who is expecting/hoping for eggs this year? And from what species?

Anyone trying for paddletails?

Molch

Reaction score
the fat lady (alpine newt) should start making egg sandwiches any day now. She looks like Aunt Marge in the 2nd Harry Potter movie, when Harry accidentally blew her up and made her float away over Little Whinging.

The pyrrhogaster ladies look preggers, but it might be wishful thinking. I stare at them every couple hours or so to see if they have gotten any fatter.

The strauchii may or may nor lay this yea; they are young; but I'm ready when they are....

already got a few fat larvae from the chenggongensis (cyanurus?) I got from Michael last fall. I mean, they started laying the day the moved in, so I can't take any credit for those.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1