Why wont anyone help me

What morph

• Total voters

Solar

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think my axie has fungus

Hi i was told my axie has fungus ive had him for about a month and ive seen no chnges in his coloration but an expert seen him and said he has fungus so i would like a second opinion and also what morph is he and of hes wild type is this a usual pigment for wild types

Attachments

Solar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does my axie have fungus

Could you tell me if my axie has fungus had my water tested said everything was fine bur someone said he has fungus his pigment hasnt changed since i got him and what type is he if hes wild type is this a usual pgment for a wild type

Attachments

Solar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ive posted several post about my axolotl having fungus on severly different threads and litterly noone qill respond to me this forum is beginning to be useless

thunder7

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am no expert, but looking at the pictures in the other thread I couldn't really tell. Why don't you try posting clearer pictures of your lotl, especially of the gills, then maybe someone here can figure out if your axie has a fungal infection.

Hayleyy

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Hayley
Re: Need advice/help axolotl

Hi. My Axolotl is having a little issue. He keeps going on to his back and side. He also keeps gapping at the surface. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my little guy?
What are your water parameters?

Hayleyy

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Hayley
Re: Does my axie have fungus

I'd say a wildtype, especially seeing the gold ring in the eyes. I can't see any fungus in the pictures. If it's white and fluffy yes it's fungus, if the skin is peeling then it's a slime coat issue. If it's the shiny bits on the skin then it's just the pigment. Hope this helps :)

Hayleyy

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Hayley
I would say since it was the weekend it may be hard for a lot of people to come online. While waiting it helps to check other threads about fungus as it may help you identify it. It's better to just make one post because it'll be hard for everyone and yourself to keep track of them all. I think I responded to one of yours.

Solar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Does my axie have fungus

Thank you

MnGuy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry you are dealing with this issue. I wouldn't take it personally. The posts on this forum get a lot of views and few responses. There's one with 2,000+ views and just a few responses!

Mostly likely, the people who viewed your post just didn't have a good answer, or, any personal experience with the issue.

Good luck.

Tye

Reaction score
Country
United States
The real value in this forum are the years of backlogged posts with photos and discussions of various issues.
I wouldn't judge this forum's value or usefulness on how many people can reply to your threads. Searching for fungus, gill fungus, or even gills, will give you lots of examples of animals with fungus and without to compare to your own animal.
Chances are high that the people who did view your posts just couldn't reply with absolute confidence. You have to remember that most of us are just fellow keepers and learning ourselves.
Combined with the fact that over the weekend many people don't have time to access a forum. For example, last weekend I was on the north shore doing plant collection and identification for my university's herbarium and didn't have access to the internet for the vast majority of the trip.
I wouldn't be so quick to rule out this site as being useful, it's a wonderful tool for information gathering with many helpful threads on treatments, example setups, food quality tables, and links to more sites with all sorts of info. There's definitely more here than just waiting on replies to a thread.

bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
Julia
I've merged all your posts together so all the information is in one spot.

Along the green bar at the top pf the page is a 'search' function button. While waiting for answers you could use that, if you type in 'fungus' you'll see posts with pictures and answers to reference your question. Also in the black bar under the banner is a tab saying ' Caudata Sites', in there are two sites dedicated to axolotl care.
One of the most common problems posted on this forum is axolotl fungus concerns, quite frankly all your answers will have been addressed there. I do appreciate that it is horrible waiting for answers when we are worried about the health of our pets, but this forum is amazing. There is a wealth of advice and information stored here over the years for easy for access. We are very fortunate to have this site.

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think a good way to tell if something is pigment or fungus would be VERY GENTLY to lightly brush it with something, a toothpick, a q tip, and if it comes off at all it would be fungus. What do you all think about that method?

Toy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok thanks for responding i was just worried about my axi. It doesnt look like fuzz but there is some white possibly gold may just be pigment heres some more pics sorry for bad camera quality
From the pictures I don't see a any fungus. I keep Indian almond leaves in the tank with mine at all times. I haven't had any issues so far.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Dougie:
    Where can I find a yellow western tiger
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Eleven11 has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Eleven11 has joined the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Eleven11 has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Lonewolf:
    Ok I’m new so I have a pink Axolotl and it’s a baby like two three max inches and it eats from the top and it has now been floating a while now should I be worried ?? The other one is at the bottom of the tank and the tail isint hoocked or the gills aren’t curved flowerd they seem relaxed
    +1
    Unlike
  • Lonewolf:
    ?? I’m new owner to the type of fish
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Lonewolf has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Lanalotl:
    Hi I recently rescued a lotl (i did weeks of research before rescuing) Hes mabey 5 or 6 years of age..the previous owner could not remember the exact age of him. I got him from her as he was or had been picked on by his tank mate another lotl who was bough with him from every younger age, I noticed one of his gills, a middle one at the end had split in two? And is slightly more floppy? He also appears or mabey I'm just over worried to mabey have lost some feathers, is that normal to lose some?...all levels in the tank are fine, but wondered if theres and advice anyone could give me as an experienced owner to a new one.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Axolotl Queen:
    @Lanalotl Sounds like the gills may have been nipped by the tank mate. If he is in his own tank and the parameters etc are all good, then he should grow them back and they should go back to full health and strength. However, depending on how old the injury is they may not fully grow back if they have been constantly nipped at.
    +2
    Unlike
  • Smknmom421:
    Can anyone tell me why this is happening? We just did a water change and after freaking out and whipping around the tank, an hour later they look like this. It won't let me send a pic. The edges of their gills are white and it looks like they have skin shedding off
    +1
    Unlike
  • Murk:
    That sounds like severe skin damage. If you post a thread on the forum, you can attach pictures.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Murk:
    It sounds like something went wrong with the water change, so this could be very dangerous. Did you use a dechlorinator? Could it be there are traces of chlorine or soap in the water? (Or for example, in the bucket you used?)
    +1
    Unlike
  • Murk:
    Normally, I would recommend taking them out of the tank asap and putting them in a tub with fresh water, but if there's something wrong with your tap water or dechlorinator, that might not help either. Do you have acces to bottled water or rain water?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Sal22:
    I think my axie is dying, he’s never had any issues before, I’ve had him 3 years, today I noticed some fluffy looking stuff coming from his genital area so I took him out of his tank and did a full tank clean to make sure the water wasn’t infected as I thought it was fungus and then I noticed he had a cut on his belly which was only small about 5 hours ago and now it’s spread to all of his belly, what do I do I’m freaking out
    +1
    Unlike
  • Sal22:
    Update about my axie, unfortunately he has died over night, he looked as if he was bruised allover his belly, his mucus layer had also started to come off.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Ganaa:
    Anyone here from DMV?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
  • AlexisJG:
    Hi I have 2 4in juveniles (I’ve had them about 2 weeks and they are doing well I think they’ve grown a little already honestly) but I am supposed to go on a 5-6 day vacation in October about 3-4 months from now. I am wondering how I should go about their care when I am gone. I thought about putting them in separate (fairly big) containers with live plants and/or bubblers with a fan in the dark and either fridging them (my last plan) but I am hoping to to either have someone I trust come feed them and turkey baste waste out or just leave them out and clean the containers before we leave and have someone come check on them once or twice. Does any of this sound like a good or bad idea? I want the best for them. All help appreciated :)
    +1
    Unlike
  • Ganaa:
    @patrickstar116, do you still have your fire salamanders?
    +1
    Unlike
  • patrickstar116:
    @Ganaa, I do you may message me if you wish
    +1
    Unlike
  • HalfDrunkToast:
    hi.....
    +1
    Unlike
    HalfDrunkToast: hi..... +1