worms direct!

gecko

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Gecko
I ordered small as in 3 to 5 cm lob worms from worms direct, i was very upset to discover when i got my worms they where massive:mad:, far too big for my poor little smooth newt, and to make matters worse none of my lizards wanted to know, mind you i cant blame them, my garden worms look better!.:(
I have tried to call but all I get is an answer machine:mad:, well, Im really mad about that waste of money, not even cutting these worms up tiny is appealing to my newt!, and omg I never knew worms could bleed, thats so creepy, it looks like our blood:eek:
I got some tiny black crickets to try him on,how would I go about feeding these?
Anyone else tried worms direct?, im sure I asked this!

Earthworm blood contains haemoglobin (like ours) for better oxygen handling, which is why they're a good source of iron. I don't know your supplier (wrong country). Is it worth culturing your lob worms (I have only used other earthworm species) so you can harvest juvies when they're the right size for feeding?

Post a testimonial in the testimonial section.

I still have the tub of worms but they dont look well!:(
I have no room in fridge for them but its not that hot today!.
My own personal experience with worms direct, they gave me the wrong worms, too big!, and some of my worms were dying, so understandably I was not happy!.
I dont know if anyone else has had good experiences with this company, but I sadly did not.
Dont get me wrong, the worms I saw that where healthy are big and fat and would be great probably for cane toads!.

Post this in the testimonials section please...

never had a problem with worms direct..

Me neither....fantastic company

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back