Yay got a axolotl :-)

allyr81

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well they day finally arrived yesterday after hours and hours of driving and stopping and searching and getting frustrated, I found my black red gill axolotl, and after all that driving I found an advertisement of someone selling her that only lived 15 minutes down the road :(
So now she is chilling in her new tank living it up, cute as ever so I'm now a proud owner of an axie lol, maybe two come Tuesday.......

awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeee =D

Welcome to Team Awesome. Enjoy your critter! =(o..o)=

Hmmm my girl is on bare bottom tank no sand, gravel nothing!!! This morning I woke up this morning and she had 15 or more peices of white gravel on the bottom of her tank! Regurgitation?
She didn't want to eat I don't blame her if that is what she had I. Her gut :-(

Congratulations on your new addition :D

Sadly the gravel may continue to appear for quite sometime :( but it's great she's able to get it out - keep offering food & hopefully they'll all pass or be regurgitated without too much of a problem. Make sure to keep removing it as you find it.

It would be great to see some pics of your new lotl :) we love putting faces to names lol

<3 >o_o< <3

I will post pics as soon as I get on the computer :)
So yesterday we had 15 pebbles (removed from tank) and today 21 where on earth is she keeping these pebbles... :-(

I will post pics as soon as I get on the computer :)
So yesterday we had 15 pebbles (removed from tank) and today 21 where on earth is she keeping these pebbles... :-(

:eek: they're all stuck inside :(

Yet another case of why gravel is so bad - so happy your lotl is getting them out... That's the most important thing :eek:

<3 >o_o< <3

You must be so excited! :p They are cute and fun to watch. I can't believe they're not more well known. I'm happy I found out about them. No one ever mentioned one once, I randomly found out about them a few months ago online and was like :eek:asdkubglsivnuh!!! LOL They must be so underrated :(

I am very excited, I had one when I was alot younger and he passed away, I love them as they look like they are smiling at you lol....

Wow :eek: better out than in!

Did you take any before photos & could you post a pic of the gravel pile so far please. This is interesting for others to see :)

<3 >o_o< <3

wow her gut must have been huge.. Poor bugger

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back