You know you've been keeping newts too long when.....

when you have a deadline for school and time is ticking but you just can't help surfing on a newt-site

Your car is stuck out on the drive in all weathers because your garage is full of tanks. Joan, thats better, much easier to say than banded newt is ommatriton ophric- ophryq-ophryx--ophrytk ophrytghb-ophrytdf -ophry*?"<*!!<. see what i mean.

You read H.G. Wells' "Time Machine" and fantasize about using such a device to go back in time to save some breeding pairs of Cynops wolterstorffi from Lake Kunming.
biggrin.gif

59) You will ask your new date if she is Gecko-phobia (they usually can't tell Newt from Gecko) and decide if you will date her again.

60) Your attempting to take your second lot of newts out to space.

The school one- newt surf is sooooo true for me, i have been late 5 times in a week...everyday lol, because i am trying to find or print great unique newt pictures!!!!!!!!

61) <--- is not always true.

How about this?
62) You want to make more money, so you may finacially support more newts.

LOL on 58!

63) Your pocket knife seldom has much else besides worm juice on the blade.

64) Maybe eating worms and insects isn't so bad...what the heck are newts so crazy about?

You have one or more tattoos of Amphibians that you really have

when you correct that guy at the petstore for improperly housing a species of salamander,and they listen.

When you buy a pizza cutter thinking it might make cutting worms faster(nope, the blade is too dull).

You stop inviting people to your apartment because you don't want to have to explain the brine shrimp hatchery, and the plastic container, and the other plastic container, and the five, gallon jugs of water, and the pile of unused rocks in the corner, and the huge tank, and the other huge tank, and the . . .

You hold off on asking a girl out because in a month the larvae will have morphed.

you describe your family as "WC 0.1, CB 2.1" and yourself as "LTC 1.0"

You go to hardware stores to buy things like PVC pipe, "egg-crate", and screen, and the store clerks immediately know you must be building another vivarium!

This is actually starting to happen to us... heh :/

You have worms in the fridge that cost more per pound then lobster.

You have accidently put de-cholrinator in a glass of drinking water before filling it up for yourself(true).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back