zoo med aquatic newt food

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Michael Shrom
I picked up some free samples of the zoo med aquatic newt food. On my recommendation they made it soft moist. I fed it to some ribbed newts. japanese firebellys, and axolotls and they loved it. It looks, smells, and has ingredients strikingly similar to Rangen soft moist salmon pellets. I think it would be a good alternative to salmon pellets (If you can call something that might be the same thing an alternative). Anyhow it appears it will be readily available in many pet shops.

Sounds promising. Since you seem to have some influence here, can you find out if it really is the same thing?

Sounds promising. Since you seem to have some influence here, can you find out if it really is the same thing?

I went down the list of ingredients and it is identical to Rangen soft moist salmon pellets. I'll ask the guy from ZooMed the next time I see him but it almost has to be the same thing as salmon pellets.

Maybe you can also suggest that they sell the large Rangen pellets as axolotl food;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back