Zoo med repti fogger

frogmandan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got an brown ornate pacman frog which requires high humitity in his tank. I was gunna make a fogger, but I've decided to go the easy route and decided to just buy a zoomed repti-fogger. Any opinions on the fogger, I'd like to know ,if you have one, do you like it? Dose it do its job,? All the opinions will be used to make my finally choice on the purchase of this product since the cost is expensive Around $50

Thanks,
Frogmandan

Doverish

Reaction score
Country
United States
I built my own for around $20. I should post a pic of it and how I built it. Maybe something for me to do some evening. The basic setup is a tuperware container $3, an ultrasonic fogger from amazon ($15), a computer fan (free), old wall wart powersupply (free), a barbed hose fitting ($2), and then some screws and general hardware.

If you have some of that stuff laying around, or easy access them, I'd suggest building one. If not, you likely won't save money on making one over buying the reptifogger.

I have never used the reptifogger, so unfortunately I can't comment on the quality or performance.

frogmandan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've actually did think about doing that. The cost would a put me around the same as the repti fogger so I chose to go that route first. However if tkheres issues with the reptifogger in anyway, I'm g,going to make my own

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • MVM1991:
    Where'd you get that? Or is it just a combo from petsmart or something?
    +1
    Unlike
  • jnerdx:
    I’m pretty sure I got it at a Walmart.
    +1
    Unlike
  • jnerdx:
    I just looked it up to see if I can find it again. It’s actually a hyGROmeter and temperature. Which measures the dew point. Here is the difference between due point and humidity. https://www.weather.gov/arx/why_dewpoint_vs_humidityYou can calculate Th relative
    +1
    Unlike
  • jnerdx:
    the relative humidity using the dew point measurement.
    +1
    Unlike
  • jnerdx:
    Here is the product I purchased:
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
  • jnerdx:
    +1
    Unlike
  • jnerdx:
    it has a stand. And I had a spare suction from my filter. So it’s on the wall of my Sal’s enclosure.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
  • jnerdx:
    That’s a pic of it in the enclosure.
    +1
    Unlike
  • MVM1991:
    Nice! Also, from what I can see you have an amazing setup! What species?
    +1
    Unlike
  • jnerdx:
    S. S. Gigliolli
    +1
    Unlike
  • MVM1991:
    Ooo nice!
    +1
    Unlike
  • jnerdx:
    Thank you! I tried to share the video but unsuccessful. You can see it on my IG story @jnerdx
    +1
    Unlike
  • MVM1991:
    Cool! I just have a tiger and a long tail, who we are trying to find as he ESCAPED INTO MY ROOM!
    +2
    Unlike
  • LauraLobster:
    Hey y'all, recently my juvenile axolotl's tail has been floating and can swim down but his tail lifts to an angle and I believe that it is stressing him out. He gets in between his plants to balance himself and I am cleaning out the bottom of the tank with my baster. I believe I overfed him and he also may have eaten many air bubbles. He's been like this for nearly 1 1/2 days.
    +1
    Unlike
  • LauraLobster:
    What would be the best thing to do ?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Redear has joined the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Mark.H:
    Hey, does anyone know if hot glue is fine to glue rocks together?
    +1
    Unlike
  • MVM1991:
    Should be. Hot glue is good when dry I believe, just don't let it get too hot and you should be good. Most super glues are good as well just watch out for flume warnings
    +2
    Unlike
  • Mark.H:
    Ok, thanks! I am going to glue together the shale I mentioned.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Kwags:
    hello, I am currently tubbing my axolotl due to cycling the tank. I have read different answers on how many times to do a 100% water change a day when tubbing. Some say once and some say twice. I just want to actually ask and get answers for myself. Thank
    +1
    Unlike
  • Murk:
    As often as you need to keep the water clean! Since you´re cycling, I assume you have a test kit. Just test a few times to see how long it takes for your ammonia to go up, and as soon as it does, change the water.
    +2
    Unlike
  • Kwags:
    Yes,I have the master test kit. Thank you! So just test the water in the tub that my axolotl is in now to gauge off of for changing?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Murk:
    That´s the most accurate. Depends on the size of the tub etc. - you just want to make sure the water is always clean
    +1
    Unlike
    Murk: That´s the most accurate. Depends on the size of the tub etc. - you just want to make sure the... +1