Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Zoo med repti fogger

frogmandan

Reaction score
I got an brown ornate pacman frog which requires high humitity in his tank. I was gunna make a fogger, but I've decided to go the easy route and decided to just buy a zoomed repti-fogger. Any opinions on the fogger, I'd like to know ,if you have one, do you like it? Dose it do its job,? All the opinions will be used to make my finally choice on the purchase of this product since the cost is expensive Around $50

Thanks,
Frogmandan

Doverish

Reaction score
I built my own for around $20. I should post a pic of it and how I built it. Maybe something for me to do some evening. The basic setup is a tuperware container $3, an ultrasonic fogger from amazon ($15), a computer fan (free), old wall wart powersupply (free), a barbed hose fitting ($2), and then some screws and general hardware.

If you have some of that stuff laying around, or easy access them, I'd suggest building one. If not, you likely won't save money on making one over buying the reptifogger.

I have never used the reptifogger, so unfortunately I can't comment on the quality or performance.

frogmandan

Reaction score
I've actually did think about doing that. The cost would a put me around the same as the repti fogger so I chose to go that route first. However if tkheres issues with the reptifogger in anyway, I'm g,going to make my own

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1