1 year ago....

Dkober101

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought this little guy at the local shopping mall with a sign that read "Baby Dinosaur." Thinking I had just purchased an Axolotl, I when straight to the pet store and purchased everything I would need to give my new friend a comfortable aquatic home.

However, after about 3-4 weeks I noticed his gills shrinking away and a reduction in tail size. This is when I joined Caudata and started reading and asking questions about what might be the issue. After a few threads, I learned that I had purchased a Tiger Salamander and he was beginning his processes of metamorphosis.

Fast forward to today, "Noodles" is doing very well and seems to be a very big boy compared to the "average adult salamander."

Here are a few pictures of him before, during, and after his transformation. (Note, his belly is so big because he just ate a fuzzy mouse.)

I also want to give thanks to all the people here who have helped me out in the past, and took the time to educate me on the care of my Sal.

P.S. Those of you who also own a Tiger Salamander; can you please post a few pics of your little friends? I know there are many sub species and color variations. I would be nice to see what everyone else has!!!

Thanks,
DK

Attachments

Loobylou

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Sammy
I have 2 barred Tiger sals, Mister Lister and Miss Kochanski. They're currently around 8-9" and are fed predominately on earthworms and waxworms. I'd love a couple more but they're quite hard to get hold of in the UK.

Attachments

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Kaysie
Here's one of my newest tigers, A. mavortium nebulosum, Arizona tiger sal. I call him MeatHead. He's big and pretty, not a lot of computing power though. He prefers contemplating the meaning of 'worm' instead of eating it.

This is the first time I've ever seen him looking out of the tank. I've had him for 6 months! lol

Attachments

Tiger1993

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here's my two, just got them a while ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AlexisJG:
    As long as they don’t seem stressed that’s good and I mean hey if their well fed maybe they’ll live long happy lives together.
    +2
    Unlike
  • HalfDrunkToast:
    oh ya they are happy xD every time i come in to my room my Koy betta is like HI HI HI and actively swimming around
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Calgarycoppers has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Nerodia1:
    Děkuji za přijetí. Hledám tohoto obojživelníka, Typhlonectes compressicauda, nevíte, kde ho získat, nejlépe někde v Evropě.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Caudex has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    VEEK has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Lanalotl:
    My axie is acting woerd he was a rescue as stated in a different post he got better and now seems to be deteriorating again...again all tank conditions are OK and as should be. He seems to have some black dapple like pattern under his bottom lip? Is that normal? And his two back feet have a little wierd growth? Almost? Tiny tiny tiny lump. His capillaries in his feathers also appear darker and more visible. Any help would be appreciated
    +1
    Unlike
  • Lanalotl:
    Hes a leucistic axie
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    AmphibiGirl has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Dibgame:
    Hey guys. First time on this forum and im not sure what formatting i should use but hey here i go.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Jadezoey:
    Hi! I'm being in a hard position where I have to re-home my axolotls. I'm moving out and I would like to find them a new home with someone who can take proper care of them
    +1
    Unlike
  • Jadezoey:
    I have an adult wild type and a juvenile leucistc
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
  • BigAl:
    Oops my bad accidentally sent that
    +1
    Unlike
  • Binditheaxolotl:
    @HalfDrunkToastLol
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieMomma87:
    is anyone online???
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Calgarycoppers has joined the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Calgarycoppers has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieMomma87:
    Are you still here
    +1
    Unlike
  • ZayneSantos:
    Is there anyone on who can give me advice?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Max2445:
    @ZayneSantos, What advice do you need
    +1
    Unlike
  • KrabzAga:
    based on this video what type of salamander might this larva be? I suspect either eastern newt or spotted salamander
    +1
    Unlike
  • KrabzAga:
    help appreciated
    +1
    Unlike
  • KrabzAga:
    they are from missouri
    +1
    Unlike
    KrabzAga: they are from missouri +1