2010 Calendars now available!

I apologise for the delay in the axolotl calendar. It will be done this week. That's a promise.

Fantastic! I'm sure I'm one of many who are greatly anticipating this calendar's release.

I have to break that promise as I forgot I had to go out of town today. I'll do it on Monday.

Any Axolotl updates? There have been a bunch of pics lately that would be great for an Axolotl calendar! Perhaps we could even start a thread that people could suggest or provide their pics and the top 12 would be selected?

While I would very much like to do this, it's way down my priority list. The best approach would be for someone to take ownership of this project.

I would be glad to, if you just gave me a few tips on how to get started, or what program you use.

I appreciate the sentiment. Unfortunately, what you've said just goes to show why enthusiasm, spare time, and willingness to help are not enough to get many things done around here. I hope someone else can elaborate - right now I've so little time I haven't posted on my other site (frogforum) in nearly 2 weeks. I'm about to move homes again.

My personal feeling is that we're too far through the year to release an axolotl calendar. The poor winners who get stuck on months Jan - June would really get a rough deal....

For next year's calendar I propose we have a dedicated axolotl calendar competition in tandem with the normal calendar competition. That's not to say axolotls won't appear on the regular calendar too. There are certainly enough axolotl fanatics here to justify a dedicated calendar.

I'll announce the opening of the photo competitions in the coming weeks... so watch this space.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back