Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

55 Gallon Planted Tank Suggestions (Beginner)

Hollystark

Reaction score
I just came into a 55 gallon tank, and I mostly have experience in keeping aquariums. But I have a high water pH and the tank would have to be in the garage if it would be a full aquarium which gets up to 90 degrees so I've decided to go with an indoor frog terrarium. I have a humidifier I got for growing oyster mushrooms lol but I'm otherwise starting from scratch.

My question is, what frogs would you recommend for a little community in a 55 gallon planted tank.

JaceW/Lifer-Log

Reaction score
I just came into a 55 gallon tank, and I mostly have experience in keeping aquariums. But I have a high water pH and the tank would have to be in the garage if it would be a full aquarium which gets up to 90 degrees so I've decided to go with an indoor frog terrarium. I have a humidifier I got for growing oyster mushrooms lol but I'm otherwise starting from scratch.

My question is, what frogs would you recommend for a little community in a 55 gallon planted tank.
Not sponsored, but check out Josh's Frogs, they have a wide variety of plants, frogs, and kits that will make it effortless for you.
This is a link to the 55gallon kit: Dart Frog Tankless Habitat Kit (55 Gallon) | Josh's Frogs

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!