Aquarium setup pictures needed!

I am so glad that I found this site!!!!My 13yr old bought 2 chinese dwarf newts(without my knowledge lol)and now she doesn't want them, so I have sole custody of them. This is all new to me so these pic's are really helpful in my quest to give these guys a good home. Zuccone...Amazing is all I have to say about your set-up!! Just have a question..what is a vivarium, and could my newts live in one? Dynasty
talker.gif

Joel - This site provides some web space to users, but only those that donate a certain amount of money to the site. And the user has to be able to set up a web page on their own. Check the main caudata.org page.

¨Mike : for this tank, I change the substrate every year (a lot of earthworms and other small organisms keep the tank clean). For the water, which represents around 1/5 of the total area, I change 1/3 of volume every week.
The maintenence of this set up is now quite easy.

Lisa : this type of set up is quite adapted to terrestrial species only or for the terrestrial phase of certain species of newts

Zuccone

Jen and Joel - the way bandwidth is running this month I couldn't possibly give everyone photo space. It'll have to remain as a donor/major site contributor-only facility.

The number of visitors this month is our highest ever - 1150 unique visitors yesterday. We used to be at 800 until this month.

At least we killed Kingsnake's newt and salamander forum *evil cackle*, and to think, Jeff "I own Kingsnake.com" Baringer wanted me to put the axolotl site on Kingsnake in early 2000. Heh.

The newly revised expanded article is now online:
http://www.caudata.org/cc/articles/setups.shtml
Thank you to everyone who volunteered their photos for this!

If anyone sees any errors or has suggestions, PLEASE TELL ME. If anyone can fill in any missing information for the setups posted, PLEASE TELL ME. If anyone knows of other suitable photos posted elsewhere on the forum, please send me the URL. If anyone has addition photos to add (particularly semi-aquatic or terrestrial setups), please post them here, or send to me:
jpmacke@caudata.org

(Message edited by jennewt on February 29, 2004)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back