best way to get involved with conservation?

pinksmog

Reaction score
Country
United States
hey all :)

i’m really interested in salamanders, specifically of the neotenic variety, and would love to get involved with conservative. my long term goal would be to help with breeding programs. however, i do not have a background in anything wildlife related (tho im looking into it!) so it would probably be more as a private collector/volunteer. does anyone know a good way to start or available opportunities for those who want to get involved?

thanks in advance and sending ya good vibes!

I was in the same position as you earlier this year try looking up amphibian conservation or anything involving herps. Here's some organizations I'm familiar with
Hope this helps!

Hey! I am doing research on the trade of salamanders and frogs in the US! The project is pretty large and encompasses a lot of different aspects f salamander conservation. If you'd like, I can let you know if there are any citizen science things we'll be starting up!

Hey! I am doing research on the trade of salamanders and frogs in the US! The project is pretty large and encompasses a lot of different aspects f salamander conservation. If you'd like, I can let you know if there are any citizen science things we'll be starting up!
I would be really interested in this!

I would love information on this as well Please!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back