Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Caudata.org Merchandise!

M

mark

Great stuff John - I just placed an order for a cap and a mug. The items themselves wern't too expensive but the shipping added an extra 25% to the total cost of the order. I'll let you know what sort of service I get.

Any chance of a grey t-shirt with a black logo? I'm not a fan of white for the same reasons as Paris (but without the essential oils!).

Edit: I ordered the cap in blue but couldn't find a way of viewing the product in blue. Might be worth mentioning to them.

(Message edited by aartse_tuyn on March 28, 2006)

L

leanne

I too am saving money right now---should be able to place an order by the middle of next month; I do have one suggestion for the bumper sticker: to have it just say, in larger letters, GOT MILK? And not the "me too". I like the shirt design contest idea, too.

J

john

Regarding delivery charges, I've added some info to the top of the main page of the shop. I have also mentioned customs/import duty for those not living in the US.

I have added the "grey-est" shirt I could find, with a black and dark grey logo for you Mark. It's a very light grey but unfortunately it's the best I can do.

Leanne: you don't want it to say got newts? Or do you want it to say "Got newts? Got milk?" ? What's this got milk business about any how ?

Paris: that contest sounds like a good idea.

Dave Nash: stop buying everything :p.

J

john

I'm going to have to get myself one of those Axolotl shirts...

Any suggestions for other designs are welcome, or modifications of current ones.

J

john

Mark: I forgot to reply to your cap thing. From what I can tell, they don't show a preview of the blue one anywhere. The best they do is show that little palette thing below the main picture
sad.gif

L

leanne

Yeah, actually I meant to say: "GOT NEWTS?" and that goes with the implied "Got Milk?" logo all over America (after you live long enough in Texas you will see many a billboard with the ole "got milk" question and some superstar actor/model/athlete with a milk mustache). So all you would have to have on the bumper sticker would be: "GOT NEWTS?" and people would understand the humor/wit. Here are some examples of ads with the "got milk"----maybe if you have a font that imitates the font they use, too?
56529.jpg

56530.jpg

56531.jpg

56532.jpg

56533.jpg

L

leanne

Some more American rock stars/athletes---you get the idea---if you end up doing this logo I'll buy some bumperstickers in bulk:

56544.jpg

56545.jpg

56546.jpg

L

leanne

EXCELLENT!!! That's it. Now if we can just put a milk mustache on a newt.....
proud.gif

(Message edited by Tadpole on March 28, 2006)

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
I'll wait for things to settle down for my next order. I did order a bumper sticker for the pick up truck and a caudata.org shirt.
I'll probably get one of those axolotl shirts and maybe a hoody. I understand hoodies are hip (or whatever they call hip these days.)

L

leanne

Perfect for a black axie shirt----don't change that, please! Must have one when I get my check from work!

Newt milk mustache:
lol.gif

56551.jpg

L

leanne

That's pretty funny, I like it! Although there is some magic to the axolotl all by itself~~maybe the words could be on the back?

(Message edited by Tadpole on March 28, 2006)

al

Reaction score
These are great ideas and I can't wait to buy my bumper sticker, shirt, and mug!!!!

I think you're on to something John!!!

R

rheann

How about Got Axolotls? Or I (heart) Axolotls or I also vote for just the plain t-shirts and hoodies with just the axolotl on the front and then the website on the back with the axolotl logo.

I would LOVE to buy an Axolotl Hoodie probably though not in a black color, I think there should be different colors if possible. I have cats. Lots of loose hair flying around lol.

If the site puts up hoodies, I want one, and I also want a bumper sticker or a sticker lol
happy.gif

R

rheann

I also vote that the axolotl remain positive, rather than a negative image
happy.gif
I like old school best lol.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!