Caudata.org Merchandise!

Great stuff John - I just placed an order for a cap and a mug. The items themselves wern't too expensive but the shipping added an extra 25% to the total cost of the order. I'll let you know what sort of service I get.

Any chance of a grey t-shirt with a black logo? I'm not a fan of white for the same reasons as Paris (but without the essential oils!).

Edit: I ordered the cap in blue but couldn't find a way of viewing the product in blue. Might be worth mentioning to them.

(Message edited by aartse_tuyn on March 28, 2006)

I too am saving money right now---should be able to place an order by the middle of next month; I do have one suggestion for the bumper sticker: to have it just say, in larger letters, GOT MILK? And not the "me too". I like the shirt design contest idea, too.

Regarding delivery charges, I've added some info to the top of the main page of the shop. I have also mentioned customs/import duty for those not living in the US.

I have added the "grey-est" shirt I could find, with a black and dark grey logo for you Mark. It's a very light grey but unfortunately it's the best I can do.

Leanne: you don't want it to say got newts? Or do you want it to say "Got newts? Got milk?" ? What's this got milk business about any how ?

Paris: that contest sounds like a good idea.

Dave Nash: stop buying everything :p.

I'm going to have to get myself one of those Axolotl shirts...

Any suggestions for other designs are welcome, or modifications of current ones.

Mark: I forgot to reply to your cap thing. From what I can tell, they don't show a preview of the blue one anywhere. The best they do is show that little palette thing below the main picture
sad.gif

Yeah, actually I meant to say: "GOT NEWTS?" and that goes with the implied "Got Milk?" logo all over America (after you live long enough in Texas you will see many a billboard with the ole "got milk" question and some superstar actor/model/athlete with a milk mustache). So all you would have to have on the bumper sticker would be: "GOT NEWTS?" and people would understand the humor/wit. Here are some examples of ads with the "got milk"----maybe if you have a font that imitates the font they use, too?
56529.jpg

56530.jpg

56531.jpg

56532.jpg

56533.jpg

Some more American rock stars/athletes---you get the idea---if you end up doing this logo I'll buy some bumperstickers in bulk:

56544.jpg

56545.jpg

56546.jpg

EXCELLENT!!! That's it. Now if we can just put a milk mustache on a newt.....
proud.gif

(Message edited by Tadpole on March 28, 2006)

I'll wait for things to settle down for my next order. I did order a bumper sticker for the pick up truck and a caudata.org shirt.
I'll probably get one of those axolotl shirts and maybe a hoody. I understand hoodies are hip (or whatever they call hip these days.)

Perfect for a black axie shirt----don't change that, please! Must have one when I get my check from work!

Newt milk mustache:
lol.gif

56551.jpg

That's pretty funny, I like it! Although there is some magic to the axolotl all by itself~~maybe the words could be on the back?

(Message edited by Tadpole on March 28, 2006)

These are great ideas and I can't wait to buy my bumper sticker, shirt, and mug!!!!

I think you're on to something John!!!

I would definately buy that axolotl t-shirt in black, please. Without text I think is neater
happy.gif

How about Got Axolotls? Or I (heart) Axolotls or I also vote for just the plain t-shirts and hoodies with just the axolotl on the front and then the website on the back with the axolotl logo.

I would LOVE to buy an Axolotl Hoodie probably though not in a black color, I think there should be different colors if possible. I have cats. Lots of loose hair flying around lol.

If the site puts up hoodies, I want one, and I also want a bumper sticker or a sticker lol
happy.gif

I also vote that the axolotl remain positive, rather than a negative image
happy.gif
I like old school best lol.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back