Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

CFB Terrestrial Housing

K

kermit43

This is my 29 Gallon Terrarium that I made this summer for my newts (after they morphed). It might be a little extravagant but they were very happy.

Tanks 10-05-03 006small.jpg

C

chris

What is the spongy plant in the front?

It's very interesting!

S

samuel

haha, very nice man. but i dun think the venus fly trap is a gd idea. if the morph's leg get caught in one. it'll be digested.

B

brian

I was somewhat concerned about that also, but wasn't worried when I saw a fly escape the clutches of that plant. They didn't have a problem when they were housed there. They are now in a 40 Gallon Paludarium, with no carnivorous plants.

M

mark

Hi Brian,
Great setup,i think it would work really well with T.shanjing

B

brian

I have pretty good success with the plants at the current temperatures (68-70F). The growth is a little slow, but the red of the plants shows through more I've noticed. I still figured it was a bit high as it almost reached the mid 70's this summer, so they are housed in a Paludarium that the high temp is 68F and the water temp is around 66F. Thanks for the comments!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!