CFB Terrestrial Housing

K

kermit43

This is my 29 Gallon Terrarium that I made this summer for my newts (after they morphed). It might be a little extravagant but they were very happy.

Tanks 10-05-03 006small.jpg

What is the spongy plant in the front?

It's very interesting!

haha, very nice man. but i dun think the venus fly trap is a gd idea. if the morph's leg get caught in one. it'll be digested.

I was somewhat concerned about that also, but wasn't worried when I saw a fly escape the clutches of that plant. They didn't have a problem when they were housed there. They are now in a 40 Gallon Paludarium, with no carnivorous plants.

Hi Brian,
Great setup,i think it would work really well with T.shanjing

I have pretty good success with the plants at the current temperatures (68-70F). The growth is a little slow, but the red of the plants shows through more I've noticed. I still figured it was a bit high as it almost reached the mid 70's this summer, so they are housed in a Paludarium that the high temp is 68F and the water temp is around 66F. Thanks for the comments!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back