Cork bark

J

jesper

I'm having problems with my islands....
Islands aren't supposed to float around you know..
Obviously my imagination isn't very good since I can't come up with an idea on how to get them to stop. I don't want to glue them!

How have you guys solved it?

All I can think of is attaching it to a fishing wire and attach that fish wire to a rock, but that might be too dangerous for the animals. Maybe attach it too something else, and camouflage the link with waterplants or something like that

I think having floating islands is kinda cool, actually :)

But obviously you don't, soo.... I like the wire idea, you could wrap the wire in some kind of moss/hang small rocks around it to disguise it and protect the aminals from the wire.

- Yav

Buy a few aquarium safe plastic plants with suction cups, bury the tops in the island and stick the suction cups to the side of the tank! Problem solved!

i use a magnetic algae scraper under each side to stop movement

That's really smart, now why didn't I think of that! Now it's just a matter of finding those scrapers cheap...hehe...the are like 10 euro each here.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back