Greetings

CryptoJesse

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
CryptoNewt
Hello I'm Jesse from New York, some people on here may know me already. Love the site, have been using it for info for a couple years now and finally decided I should be an active member of the community now that I have gotten deeper and deeper into the hobby over the last year. Now that my daughter is old enough to enjoy animals I have immersed myself back into my passion for amphibians that started for me as a child. Teaching her the beauty of these animals has been my motivation but also revived my love for them. I've been keeping newts since I was 5 years old(over 25 yrs). I started with a paramestriton chinensis whom I kept for 27 years until he passed away last week:(. Now my caudate family consists of:
Cynops cyanurus
Cynops ensicauda
Cynops pyrrhogaster
Pleurodeles waltl
Salamandra
Ambystom tigrinum
Neurergus kaiseri
Ambystoma opacum
Neurergus crocatus

I also keep turtles, lizards and tortoises. Hope I can be a valuable member of the community, thank you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back