Hej!

parski

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
My name is Pär and I live in Stockholm, Sweden.

My fiancée and I recently adopted a family of three Chinese fire belly newts living in a 48 litre aquarium. We bought a new 375 litre aquarium and are in the process of scaping a new paludarium for them. They eat well and are super charming.

I hope to learn lots from you all.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! Greetings from nearby, Finland ;)

Hei soumi! You also have firebellies? Our older female just laid three eggs and we're interested in what we should feed the larvae once they hatch. We bought a fine mesh net today to try to catch some daphnia from our closest lake but I'd like a backup plan. Got any tips?

Yes, I also have firebellies. I just let the babies be in the same tank with adults and they seem to feed with some micro creatures that are available in an aqarium. Now summertime, I catch also mosquito larvae from outdoors, they are easily available in rain water buckets and also adults snack them (of course they are not suitable for the tiniest new hatchlings) 😊

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back