Hello All!

eizaakjordan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone!
My name is Eizaak and I am a life long salamander enthusiast. I am most fascinated by terrestrial salamander species and I have marble salamanders, long toed and tigers. I live in the Pacific Northwest so plenty of salamander catching opportunities.

All my favorite salamander species come from the Pacific Northwest! Welcome to the forum!

Hi, I also caught some wild Long-toed salamanders (4) and they seem to be doing great. I have them in a 30 gal tank with about a third of it covered in water, but I noticed one of the adults was swimming/crawling around the bottom of the pond side. He or she was attempting to hide under rocks on the bottom. Do you know if this is normal?
-Mark

Hello everyone!
My name is Eizaak and I am a life long salamander enthusiast. I am most fascinated by terrestrial salamander species and I have marble salamanders, long toed and tigers. I live in the Pacific Northwest so plenty of salamander catching opportunities.
Welcome!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back