Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello All!

eizaakjordan

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
My name is Eizaak and I am a life long salamander enthusiast. I am most fascinated by terrestrial salamander species and I have marble salamanders, long toed and tigers. I live in the Pacific Northwest so plenty of salamander catching opportunities.

Mark.H

Reaction score
Hi, I also caught some wild Long-toed salamanders (4) and they seem to be doing great. I have them in a 30 gal tank with about a third of it covered in water, but I noticed one of the adults was swimming/crawling around the bottom of the pond side. He or she was attempting to hide under rocks on the bottom. Do you know if this is normal?
-Mark

JaceW/Lifer-Log

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
My name is Eizaak and I am a life long salamander enthusiast. I am most fascinated by terrestrial salamander species and I have marble salamanders, long toed and tigers. I live in the Pacific Northwest so plenty of salamander catching opportunities.
Welcome!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!