Hello from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan

Marquette

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I am 45 years old, live in the great state of Michigan and surrounded by my favorite resource, water! I have to say this is an amazing site with the community, info, photos, etc!! Keep up the great work. I've been addicted to collecting amphibians and reptiles since I was a small child, but just recently got back into the hobby by adding a few newts to my home. I have two Spanish Ribbed Newts (Pleurodeles waltl) and one Chinese Fire bellied newt (Cynops orientalis). My passion also lies in creating unique, custom enclosures for my aquatic crew. I use the Walstad method in all of my interior wetlands.
Here are some photos of my Spanish Ribbed Newt enclosure.
Thanks again

Attachments

• IMG_1119.JPG
    IMG_1119.JPG
    877 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1123.jpg
    IMG_1123.jpg
    442 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1120.jpg
    IMG_1120.jpg
    602.1 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1121.jpg
    IMG_1121.jpg
    501.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    605.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 2016 Dirted Spanish Ribbed Newt Riparian Tank2.JPG
    2016 Dirted Spanish Ribbed Newt Riparian Tank2.JPG
    843.4 KB · Views: 118
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back