Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Help! Too many Axolotls

Saltedsalt

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I’m new to the forum and joined to see if you guys can give me some advice. I have two axolotls that I got a few years back. They ended up being a male and female and they had a clutch of eggs. I decided to keep the eggs knowing that I had several people interested in taking them. I thought many would not survive, but now I have about 50-60 babies (that’s after giving away about 20) that are just starting to develop their hind legs. I’m running out of room quickly and was hoping this forum could help me get them to homes. I’m giving them away and am located in WV. Please help!!!

Attachments

• 95B75150-5627-4168-B227-657B601D1D27.jpeg
    95B75150-5627-4168-B227-657B601D1D27.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 452
  • 058E1479-E657-4468-A8F3-42C9C27EF80D.jpeg
    058E1479-E657-4468-A8F3-42C9C27EF80D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 316

pisces

Reaction score
Hi, hope you and the axies are doing well! Same question as above: do you ship them, and do you have any Lucies? Thanks in advance!

Calgarycoppers

Reaction score
They are super cute!!!!

If you need help how to ship there are several of us that can help you. You have a ton of interested people!!

Hey everyone. I’m new to the forum and joined to see if you guys can give me some advice. I have two axolotls that I got a few years back. They ended up being a male and female and they had a clutch of eggs. I decided to keep the eggs knowing that I had several people interested in taking them. I thought many would not survive, but now I have about 50-60 babies (that’s after giving away about 20) that are just starting to develop their hind legs. I’m running out of room quickly and was hoping this forum could help me get them to homes. I’m giving them away and am located in WV. Please help!!!

lionfish12

Reaction score
Hello.
I am new to the forum, but I have had axolotis for many years. I am saddened to say my male albino passed away and I would like very much to get another one. If your willing to part with one that would be great! WV is West Virginia right? I live in Maine. Hope to hear from you soon. p.s. will pay for shipping

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1