How much should I feed my 15cm axolotle?

acrpz

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It is the first time I have one of those amazing creatures, and because I didn’t know a lot about it, I still have a lot of doubts about it. I’ve him for about a month now and he’s around 15cm long. I usually feed him with bloodworms sometimes, some frozen food that contains shrimp, fish, other already prepared things (it says it it food for Axolotls) and I also bought some pellets. I usually feed him every day, but I noticed that he is not eating as much as he used to. How often should I feed him? And how much? I think he’s healthy, but I’m not sure too. Any wise comments? Suggestions? Advices? Thank you! ☺️

Attachments

• 44BAE172-470F-4CCB-B96A-52901409222F.jpeg
    44BAE172-470F-4CCB-B96A-52901409222F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 225
  • 8D383B02-C8A2-4072-9ED9-E72B5E49F8D8.jpeg
    8D383B02-C8A2-4072-9ED9-E72B5E49F8D8.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 116
  • 892D63C5-55DF-49F8-BF33-DF92C7CEDAB6.jpeg
    892D63C5-55DF-49F8-BF33-DF92C7CEDAB6.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 106
I just had the same problem two weeks ago and this is what i did.

I started to feed Alejandro(my axie) who is about 13cm long nightcrawlers, blood worms and pellets in a certain order:
Day 1 Night crawler
Day 2
Day 3 bloodworms & pellets
Day 4
Day 5 pellets OR night crawler
Day 6
Day 7 blood worms

The pellets i feed are extremely small so when i feed them alone i give about 10 and when i feed them and the blood worms together i give 3-5. On the days i don't feed him I try to see if he has his head down (he's looking for food) and if so i'll place pellets around his tank so that h can find them on his own as enrichment. I hope this helps.

I just had the same problem two weeks ago and this is what i did.

I started to feed Alejandro(my axie) who is about 13cm long nightcrawlers, blood worms and pellets in a certain order:
Day 1 Night crawler
Day 2
Day 3 bloodworms & pellets
Day 4
Day 5 pellets OR night crawler
Day 6
Day 7 blood worms

The pellets i feed are extremely small so when i feed them alone i give about 10 and when i feed them and the blood worms together i give 3-5. On the days i don't feed him I try to see if he has his head down (he's looking for food) and if so i'll place pellets around his tank so that h can find them on his own as enrichment. I hope this helps.
Oh this really helps! Thank you very much :) I will try this and see if it works with Oppa.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back