Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

I got a new frog but what is it?

J

john

This little guy was unmarked at my local pet shop and I had to get him. I have never seen a frog like him before and I am having trouble identifing it. Does anyone know what he is?

33482.jpg

J

jeff

Wow, that's really strange- just one question though, is this an April Fools joke?

J

jeff

If it isn't a joke, it looks like maybe... a blue phase Cuban Treefrog?!?

G

gail

Is that a golden tree frog? I want one just like it! Nice job with photo shop and happy April fools day
crazy.gif

(Message edited by waldo on April 02, 2005)

K

kyle

although I'm almost 100% positive that its a photo shop... I wish I still had this picture of a completely bright blue tree frog, which was a real photo, which was on my old computer. The species is usually brown, but there was a genetic trait that either had blue patterns, or turned the frog completely blue. It looked much like a green tree frog, only a bit bigger. I believe it was called a "Giant (some country in Central/South America)Tree Frog. Does any one know what I'm talking about, ever seen the photos, or heard of them? I just cant think of the common name, or scientific for that matter. I'll look around for any photos online that I can find and let you know if I find it.

M

mark

Could it be the same as this one but photoshopped blue....
wink.gif
? John - you should have used a different picture, maybe people would have guessed for days...

33560.jpg

J

john

Yep April fools. I ment to answer quicker but I got really drunk last night. So I couldn't answer then. Good job figuring it out guys.

(Message edited by nuggular on April 02, 2005)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!