I got a new frog but what is it?

J

john

This little guy was unmarked at my local pet shop and I had to get him. I have never seen a frog like him before and I am having trouble identifing it. Does anyone know what he is?

33482.jpg

Wow, that's really strange- just one question though, is this an April Fools joke?

If it isn't a joke, it looks like maybe... a blue phase Cuban Treefrog?!?

Is that a golden tree frog? I want one just like it! Nice job with photo shop and happy April fools day
crazy.gif

(Message edited by waldo on April 02, 2005)

although I'm almost 100% positive that its a photo shop... I wish I still had this picture of a completely bright blue tree frog, which was a real photo, which was on my old computer. The species is usually brown, but there was a genetic trait that either had blue patterns, or turned the frog completely blue. It looked much like a green tree frog, only a bit bigger. I believe it was called a "Giant (some country in Central/South America)Tree Frog. Does any one know what I'm talking about, ever seen the photos, or heard of them? I just cant think of the common name, or scientific for that matter. I'll look around for any photos online that I can find and let you know if I find it.

Could it be the same as this one but photoshopped blue....
wink.gif
? John - you should have used a different picture, maybe people would have guessed for days...

33560.jpg

Yep April fools. I ment to answer quicker but I got really drunk last night. So I couldn't answer then. Good job figuring it out guys.

(Message edited by nuggular on April 02, 2005)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back