Injured Andrias davidianus!

Yahilles

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Display Name
Janusz Wierzbicki
I have 50 gallon tank where i keep together group of Lissotriton italicus and subadult Andrias davidianus. For several weeks everything was going ok, but today i found the giant salamander with lots of wounds obviously provided by Italian newts, after two days during which it wasn't leaving it's hide.
I quickly separated the poor salamander. It seems that Andrias feels only little stressed right now, but it have eaten several watercress cuttings i gave it. I need your help, how to heal the injuries of the sal.
Again you have example - don't mix species!

AW: Injured Andrias davidianus!

*Takes a look at the calendar* ;)

Hah ha, very funny :D. Had me going for a minute there.

That was funny...as I was reading I was wondering what madness had possessed you to mix the two. At 11.40 I realised what the date was!!. Off to upset the cherubs now before it is too late.

When feeding your giant sals watercress, do you have to scent it with live food? When I had my baby anaconda (no joke), I had to rub her mouse with salmon to make it smell like fish (which is what juvenile anacondas ate). I was just wondering if maybe you rubbed the watercress with fish too? ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back